Meet the man behind the arrangements, the colourful and creative William Wedlock. We managed to take 5 minutes out of William busy schedule pruning and arranging to give our readers a little insight into wedding flowers, travel and the perfect Summer salad!
1. How long have you been working with The Style Salon, how did your creative paths cross?
I have been with the ladies at The Style Salon for just shy of 12 months. We met on site at a wedding of course! I was doing a job for a family friend of mine that included church and bouquet arrangements and the lovely Rouba was taking care of the reception arrangements and styling.
2. What do you like about working with the team and the weddings they create?
I love the innovation and creative atmosphere that is generated by the entire team. It's always a fun and inspiring environment with a million new things going on each week.
3. What has been your most memorable moment with The Style Salon?
Well I guess one of the most exciting and fulfilling moments was a gorgeous wedding we created at the breathtaking Fort Denison. The brief was to create a line of hanging floral chandeliers constructed using a rich array of foliage and berries coloured with deep lavender blooms. The chandeliers were suspended just above eye site on tables and once lit with soft candle lit the overall effect was simply breathtaking!
"The brief was to create a line of hanging floral chandeliers constructed using a rich array of foliage and berries coloured with deep lavender blooms"
4. What are the best months for flowers in Australia?
That would have to be Spring/Summer for the variety of field flowers available.
5. For brides whose wedding is not in the warmer months, what other options can you suggest?
The cooler months still provide an interesting mix for brides to choose from. Some of my favourites include Tulips, Hyacinth and Lilac as well as the option of using interesting foliage and blossom. If all else fails, there is still the option of imported David Austin roses which are just as good, if not better then the loca grown field rose.
6. What styles do you love right now for bride bouquets?
Soft and feminine, with a relaxed unstructured style. My tip, always create something with fragrance, it makes it that little bit more special!
7. Do you prefer to use colour or textures in your arrangements?
Preferably I like to use both, it creates for a more interesting and striking appearance.
8. How do you stay inspired with your work?
It's easy to stay inspired at The Style Salon. Each and every job is different, and by the time the brief reaches me the stylists have ensured it has plenty of creativity involved.
9. What fills your time when your not creating your arrangements?
Well I love to cook and gardening keeps me busy also. Don't mind the odd book by the pool in Summer either.
10. We know you love to travel, any top picks for where our brides should honeymoon?
If we are talking overseas I would have to suggest Venice as its just gorgeous, South of France for the atmosphere or anywhere in the tropics for those who want something exotic!
11. Your talent in the kitchen hasn't gone unnoticed at the office, could you share a quick and easy summer recipe our readers can use for a weekend get together?
Well its simple, but the perfect Summer salad would include:
Yellow & Red Tomatoes diced
Fresh torn Basil
Drizzle of a good quality Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
Seasoned with freshly Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt